This policy is aimed at candidates who are enrolled on or have taken a PeopleCert approved qualification, who wish to appeal against a decision taken by New Horizons Bulgaria. It sets out the process you should follow when submitting appeals to us and the process we will follow when responding to appeals. This policy is also for use by our staff to ensure they deal with all appeals in a consistent manner.
Candidates must first go through New Horizons Bulgaria appeals process before taking the matter to PeopleCert.
We will review the policy annually and revise it when necessary in response to customer feedback or requests from, or good practice guidance issued by PeopleCert (e.g. to align with any appeals and complaints process established by relevant regulatory authorities).
Below, we have listed example "types" of appeal a candidate may make to New Horizons Bulgaria.
- Appeals from candidates in relation to an assessment/examination on the basis that we did not apply procedures consistently or that procedures were not followed properly and fairly
- Appeals from candidates relating to a decision made by New Horizons Bulgaria following an investigation into a complaint about a candidate
- Appeals from candidates relating to a decision made by New Horizons Bulgaria following an investigation into a candidate's behaviour when attending a PeopleCert assessment/examination.
The appeals process follows 3 stages as set out below:
Candidates should submit their appeal in writing to New Horizons Bulgaria. The appeal submission must contain the following information as a minimum and be sent to email@example.com:
- Candidate name and unique PeopleCert candidate number
- Title of the PeopleCert qualification the appeal relates to
- Full details of the nature of the appeal
- Any supporting evidence that is being submitted to substantiate the appeal.
Once the appeal is received by New Horizons Bulgaria it will be dealt with internally by the Test Center manager and Training Manager. We will aim to review and fully respond to your appeal in 15 business days, however please note, that in some cases the review processes may take longer, for example, if a candidate interview is required and/or further investigation. In such instances, we will contact you to inform you of the likely revised timescale. At all times, we will ensure that New Horizons Bulgaria personnel assigned to carry out the investigation of the appeal, or to oversee and manage the appeal have the appropriate level of training and competence and that they have had no previous involvement or personal interest in the matter.
Following the review of the appeal, we will write to the appellant with details of our decision.
You will then have 10 business days to determine if you accept this decision, or if you wish to formally proceed to the PeopleCert appeals process.
If, after our final decision you are still unhappy with the decision then you should follow the PeopleCert appeals process outlined in the PeopleCert Appeals Policy.